Need assistance? Our team is here to help you plan
andBeyond Benguerra Island
AndBeyond Benguerra offers an Indian Ocean retreat, sheltered within the only protected indigenous forest on the island. The luxurious retreat features 15 suites, privately situated on the beach among swaying palm trees. The tropical chic interiors lead out onto exclusive timber decks with a daybed, rim-flow splash pool, and incredible ocean vistas. The Casa Familia is a sole-use homestead for families, privately situated on a stretch of sandy beach with plenty of room to relax, swim, play, and explore.
- Sea kayaking
- Sunset dhow cruise
- Scheduled snorkelling trip
- Castaway picnic
- Paddle boarding
- Local village tour
- Birding and
- Guided nature walks (subject to availability and weather conditions)
- Scuba diving – maximum 2 dives per day (full PADI certification required and tide-dependent)
- Horseback riding (85kg weight restriction)
- Scenic helicopter flights (outsourced)
- Wellness treatments (outsourced)
- Deep sea fishing (outsourced)
- Saltwater fly fishing catch-and-release (outsourced)
- Super Premium 5-star luxury
- On the beach accommodation
- Exciting Island activities
Vilanculos International Airport (VNX)
&Beyond Benguerra Island welcomes children of all ages. More Details Childminders are available but must be booked on the day of arrival. A rate of USD 5 per hour is payable at the lodge.
- Children 6-16 years pay 50% of the full adult rate
- Children 3-5 free of charge subject to triple room available
- Children under the age of 3 years stay free of charge
Three meals daily, soft drinks, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, laundry, various activities such as sunset dhow cruise, snorkelling trip, castaway picnic, island expedition, local village tour and scuba diving (Padi certified).
Premium branded drinks and cigars, telephone calls all items of a personal nature, park & admin fees.
Terms & conditions
- Rates are per person sharing, per night
- Casa Familia Villa rate is displayed per villa per night
- Rates displayed are valid until 10 January 2023
- 11 Jan – 30 Apr and 1 Nov – 20 Dec: A single supplement of 50% is only charged from the third single room per booking
- 1 May – 31 Oct and 21 Dec – 10 Jan ’23: A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms
2 Cabanas set amongst lush island forest are perfectly positioned along the beach. Each boasts exquisite decor with stylish African items and features ensuite bathrooms with a bath and outdoor shower, timber decks, rim flow pool Read more, a private sala with a hanging daybed and sun loungers on the beach. Twin options available, however beds are within the same bedframe. Less
Refer to T&C's above
Price £ 618 per person, per night
10 Casinhas are positioned along the beach with incredible ocean views. Each boast an African inspired design and feature a spacious main bedroom, sitting area and ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower. Timber decks with rim flow pools Read more lead onto the beach with private sala, hanging daybed and sun loungers.Twin options available, however beds are within the same bedframe. Less
Refer to T&C's above
Price £ 863 per person, per night
Casa Familia is a 3-bedroom private-use villa situated on the edge of the main lodge with a long stretch of beach. The villa features a lounge, en-suite bathrooms with showers and vanity units, large wooden deck, sheltered veranda with private sala Read more, hanging daybed and private swimming pool. Twin options are available, however beds are within the same bedframe. Less
Refer to T&C's above
Peak season £ 4,260 per villa, per night
Enquire at andBeyond Benguerra Island
Contact us or Book Now!
Daily flights (Airlink and LAM) from Johannesburg International airport (OR Tambo) to Vilanculos International Airport (VNX). Flights are designed to connect well with the major international flights to and from Europe. There are also regular flights from Maputo (MPM) to Vilanculos.
Azura Retreat Benguerra can be easily combined with a Kruger or Sabi Sands Safari; Airlink is flying from Kruger Nelspruit (KMIA) airport to Vilanculos daily
- Johannesburg to Vilanculos: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Kruger International to Skukuza: 1 hours 10 minutes
Transferring to Benguerra Island
Helicopter transfer from Vilanculos to Benguerra Island. Flight time: 10 minutes.
Boat transfer from Vilanculos to Benguerra Island. Transfer time: 15 minutes.