Safaris in the Kruger National Park
Set in the far north-eastern corner of the country, South Africa offers an African Safari adventure of a lifetime at the Kruger National Park. The nearly 2 million hectares of land is known for having the highest population density of the Big 5 in South Africa with ample opportunity to see lion, elephant, rhino, leopard and African buffalo. Divided into no fewer than six ecosystems the Kruger National Park boasts untouched African landscapes with a mixed terrain from wild bushveld, sandveld, and mixed acacia thickets to rivers and riverine forest. The main park is open for self-drive excursions to the public and can get crowded. However, for a truly extraordinary African safari experience, we recommend embracing the unique offerings of the Kruger’s private reserves. These game reserves are privately owned and managed and offer exclusive-use conservation areas where you are guaranteed Big 5 sightings. Expert guides assist in tracking the animals and offer additional guided walking safaris.
The exclusive game reserves in the Kruger are home to some of the best luxury safari accommodation in the world, striving to create a unique and luxuriously comforting adventure for each guest. Besides game viewing the area is an activity-rich hub for adventure and solitude seekers alike. From hot air ballooning to golf, cultural village visits, kids’ activities, and spa treatments to romantic bushveld dinners under the stars, there is something for everyone.
The Kruger National Park is a malaria area.
The Kruger National Park lies in the north-eastern corner of South Africa.
The reserve is a 5- to 6-hour drive from Johannesburg along the N12 and N4 highways. Road transfers to the reserves from Hoedspruit Airport range between 30 and 90 minutes.
Fly from major centres in South Africa to Hoedspruit Airport. Private charters can be arranged to selected reserves.
- Johannesburg to Hoedspruit: 55 minutes
- Cape Town to Hoedspruit 2 hours 30 minutes
Highest population density of the Big 5 in South Africa with ample opportunity to see lion, elephant, rhino, leopard, and African buffalo among an abundance of wildlife.
- Exclusive private game reserves are home to award-winning safari accommodation and are well renowned for spectacular Big 5 game drives with some of the best game rangers and trackers on the continent.
- Night game drives, guided bush walks, and off-road game drives.
Reason to go:
- Ideal for families, groups of friends, and honeymooners, as well as conservation activists and keen photographers.
- Authentic remote African safaris with incredible wildlife and Big 5 sightings.
- World-class luxury accommodation and luxury safari tents.
- Great year-round weather for safari holidays.
Can't Find What You Looking For?
Visiting such a diverse country necessitates some expertise to determine which area, lodge and transport will suit you best. Whether you are a family, couple or traveling solo, we’ll guide you to the perfect place for an incredible safari experience
Let's start planning
Have Any Questions? Contact Us!