Sabi Sands Safaris
Sabi Sands is a 65 000-hectare private game reserve within the south-western section of the Greater Kruger and further houses a selection private game reserves which are known to be the most exclusive in the country. Sabi Sands is privately owned and managed and in contradiction to the publicly accessible Kruger National Park, only guests staying at the selection of Sabi Sands lodges are permitted to access the reserve. Given its exclusivity, you can be guaranteed uncrowded safari encounters. Here one can experience night drives, guided bush walks, and off-road game drives which are otherwise not permitted in the Kruger Park. The game drives are ranked some of the best in Africa and are guided by a ranger as well as Shangaan tracker. Together they use their advanced tracking and driving skills to get you through the complicated terrain for close-up wildlife sightings. Some of the operators choose to share their borders and co-operate with their neighbours to maximize the game viewing opportunities. Mala Mala is the only game reserve in Sabi Sands that does not share its borders with the other private game reserves, guaranteeing complete exclusivity.
Sabi Sands Game Reserve is the crème de la crème of game reserves and offers exceptionally high standards, ultimate luxury, and excellent year-round game viewing. Lodges here are a world-class combination of opulent glamour and African authenticity.
Sabi Sands is a malaria area.
Sabi Sands is a 65 000-hectare private game reserve in South Africa’s far north-eastern corner. The private reserve forms part of the Greater Kruger, sharing unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park.
The Sabi Sands is a 5- to 6-hour drive from Johannesburg mostly on the N12 and N4 highway. Transfer times from local airports may vary but are generally expected around 2-hours drive from Kruger Mpumalanga Airport, or a 45-minute drive from Skukuza Airport.
Fly from major centres in South Africa to Skukuza or Kruger Mpumalanga airport. Alternatively, take a private charter flight to selected reserves.
- Johannesburg to Skukuza: 50 minutes
- Cape Town to Skukuza: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Durban to Kruger Mpumalanga: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga: 45 minutes
- Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga: 2 hours 20 minutes
Sabi Sands boasts exclusive Big 5 game viewing with a remarkable wildlife population. The game drives are ranked some of the best in Africa and are guided by a ranger as well as Shangaan tracker. Excellent leopard and big cat sightings as well as rhino, hippo, rare wild dog, hyena, giraffe, and a large variety of antelope.
- Night game drives, guided bush walks, and off-road game drives.
- Sabi Sands houses a selection of private game reserves which are known to be the most exclusive in the country.
- Romantic tree-house sleep outs.
Reason to go:
- Ideal for families, groups of friends, and honeymooners, as well as conservation activists and keen photographers.
- Authentic remote African safaris with incredible wildlife and Big 5 sightings.
- World-class luxury accommodation and luxury safari tents.
- Great year-round weather for safari holidays.
Can't Find What You Looking For?
Visiting such a diverse country necessitates some expertise to determine which area, lodge and transport will suit you best. Whether you are a family, couple or traveling solo, we’ll guide you to the perfect place for an incredible safari experience
Let's start planning
Have Any Questions? Contact Us!