&Beyond Kirkman's Kamp
The &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp is a private game reserve in Sabi Sands, set high on a ridge overlooking the Sands River. Featuring unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park, it is home to a great diversity of wildlife. Kirkman’s Kamp has exclusive traversing rights on 10 500 hectares of land, which means that guests can explore the reserve on foot, go on a night drive, or go off-road for close-up wildlife encounters. In addition to incredible leopard sightings, and the magnificent Big 5, there are over 500 bird species, 145 animal species, and 110 reptile species to discover.
The lodge at &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp is uniquely positioned on the Sand River with exclusive access to the riverbed. Twelve luxurious vintage-style cottages boast fireplaces, private verandas, and spectacular views. Besides 2 daily game-drives, cooling down in the rim-flow swimming pool or relaxing in the library, guests can also enjoy nature walks, photography lessons, birdwatching, star gazing, private and photographic safaris, and a game of tennis. The lodge main area features expansive bushveld views, an open-air dining boma, safari shop, inviting lounge, and overall an exceptional welcoming atmosphere. Superb service and delightful dining experiences top off an all-round spectacular luxury Sabi Sands family safari.
- Game drives
- Guided bushwalks
- Night drives
- Wellness centre
- Kids program
- Photography lessons
- 5-star luxury
- Uncrowded Big 5 game drives
- Leopard sightings
- Family experience
- Skukuza Airport
- Nelspruit Kruger
- O.R.Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)
Children 5 years and younger cannot participate in game drives. More Details
- Children aged 6 to 11 are permitted on game drives at the lodge managers discretion
- If paying for a Private Vehicle, children of any age may go on game drive, with access to sightings being at the discretion of the guide, based on the behaviour of both child and animals.
- 0 - 5 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults stay complimentary
- 6 - 16 years, sharing with 1 or 2 adults, 50% of full adult rate
- 6 – 16 years in own room - 1st child: adult rate 2nd & 3rd child: 50% of adult rate
2 x Game drives per day, guided bush walks, all meals, soft drinks, selected alcoholic beverages, and transfers to and from Skukuza Airport.
Premium brand drinks, cellar wines, gate fees, additional activities, spa treatments, private-use vehicles, and transfers.
Terms & conditions
- Rates are per person sharing, per night
- Single supplement of 50% applicable
- Single supplement applicable when an adult is sharing with an infant
- Rates displayed are valid until 10 Jan 2023
Twelve luxury air-conditioned suites boast spectacular views at the award-winning &Beyond Kirkman's Kamp. Each unit has its own private viewing deck, fireplace, a full bathroom with bathtub and shower as well as the convenience of Wi-Fi access. Read moreLimited triple rooms are available to accommodate sharing children on request. Less
Refer to T&C's above
Price CA$ 1,281 per person, per night
Enquire at &Beyond Kirkman's Kamp
Contact us or Book Now!
The reserve is a 5.5-hour drive from Johannesburg mostly on the N12 and N4 highway. Kirkman’s Kamp is a 2-hour drive from Kruger Mpumalanga Airport, or a 1-hour drive from Skukuza Airport.
Fly from major centres in South Africa to Skukuza or Kruger Mpumalanga airport.
- Johannesburg to Skukuza: 50 minutes
- Cape Town to Skukuza: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Durban to Kruger Mpumalanga: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga: 45 minutes
- Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga: 2 hours 20 minutes