Rock Lodge at Ulusaba
Situated on a hilltop with panoramic views Ulusaba Rock Lodge offers ten rooms ensuring an uncrowded Sabi Sands safari getaway. Rock Lodge features a relaxing spa, swimming pool, gym, and wine cellar. Besides traversing the land on a safari drive, you can also explore nature en-foot on a guided bushwalk, enjoy stargazing, birdwatching, community tours, and candle-lit dinners under the starry African skies. Savour exclusive service and world-class hospitality on this remarkable African safari getaway.
Sir Richard Branson’s award-winning private game reserve in Sabi Sands is nothing short of spectacular. Ulusaba Game Reserve offers exceptional game viewing over 13 500 hectares of private game viewing territory. From lion, elephant, rhino, Cape buffalo, and leopard, to giraffe, zebra, hippo, and a variety of antelope, you will be enthralled by the magnificent creatures of the wild. Home to rivers and lush vegetation, the reserve makes for outstanding Big 5 game viewing. Twice-daily game drives are taken by expert rangers and trackers in 4×4 safari vehicles. Together they tailor-make your safari drive providing you with the best sightings and photographic opportunities.
- Game drives
- Guided bushwalks
- Night drives
- Spa treatments
- Gift shop
- Swimming pool
- Wine cellar
- Community tour
- 5-star luxury
- Spectacular views
- Uncrowded Big 5 game drives
- Superb wine & cuisine
- Ulusaba airstrip
- Nelspruit Kruger
- O.R.Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)
- Skukuza Airport
Children of all ages are welcome at the Rock Lodge. More DetailsChildren under 6 years are not allowed on the game drives.
- Children 0 - 6 stay free of charge when sharing with an adult
- Children 6 and 12 are charged R7500 per child per night when sharing with an adult
- 1 child in his/her own room is charged at the adult single occupancy rate
- 2 or more children in their own room are charged R7,500 per night on top of the adult single occupancy rate
2 x Game drives per day, guided bushwalks, all meals, soft drinks and selected alcoholic beverages, and transfers from Ulusaba airstrip.
Premium brand drinks, cellar wines, gate fees, additional activities, spa treatments, private-use vehicles, and transfers.
Terms & conditions
- Rates are per person sharing, per night Single supplement rate applicable
- Rates exclude Christmas and New Year, contact us for rates
10 stylishly decorated suites feature a complimentary mini-bar, air conditioning, private viewing deck, and spacious bathrooms with luxurious amenities. Beds are romantically draped with mosquito netting, with dressing gowns as well as tea and coffee Read morefacilities provided. Three of the luxury suites additionally offer splendid private plunge pools. Less
Refer to T&C's above
Price R12 000 - R20 500 per person, per night
Book Your Safari Today!
Have Any Questions? Contact Us!
The reserve is a 5- to 6-hour drive from Johannesburg mostly on the N12 and N4 highway. Ulusaba is a 2-hour drive from Kruger Mpumalanga Airport or a 45-minute drive from Skukuza Airport.
Fly from major centres in South Africa to Skukuza or Kruger Mpumalanga airport. Alternatively, take a charter flight to the Ulusaba airstrip.
- Johannesburg to Skukuza: 50 minutes
- Cape Town to Skukuza: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Durban to Kruger Mpumalanga: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga: 45 minutes
- Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Johannesburg to Ulusaba airstrip: 80 minutes